Purpose: To improve and expand Bridges one to one Volunteer/Client interaction with the goal of helping both parties set and accomplish goals that will move them to fulfill their God given potential. To further that goal, a brand new task for this position will include helping Bridges develop an employment service for clients.
For more about this society visit our web site at www.bridgestnl.org.
Duties Overview: As an evolving position the job description will be a work in progress requiring flexibility from the applicant.
Tasks – Initially the incumbent of this position will perform the following duties and responsibilities;
- Learn, become proficient with and improve the tools Bridges uses to case manage its clients and workers
- Interact with clients and volunteers with a goal to establish productive interpersonal relationships and promote Bridges programs and activities;
- Assist clients with computer use, resume creation and job search
- Be available and provide ‘in office’ one to one counselling and ad hoc visits outside of normal office hours to Bridges Safe House and local halfway house;
- Assist clients with computer use and filling out government forms;
- Track and record all contacts with clients and volunteers and enter information into company database. Utilize that information to motivate both Bridges volunteers and clients to become more specific in setting and accomplishing goals;
- Assist Director in planning events for clients and volunteers, delegating tasks and supervising activities to ensure their safety and success;
- Coordinate, train, supervise and encourage Bridges volunteers for the effective, consistent case management of clients in the field
- Maintain an accurate and intentional case management file for every client who comes to Bridges Kelowna Complex, including Safe House residents
- Ensure volunteer record keeping and monthly collection/reporting requirements are completed;
- Urine test & evict errant Safe House residents
- Provide transportation for clients to job search, recreational events, Overcomers’ 12 step, church, appointments, food bank etc.
- Pick-up and deliver various items (i.e. furniture) as required;
- Be available for after hours callouts when/as needed Perform some building maintenance and cook occasional suppers for Safe House Residents
- Work with director to complete & run Biblical life skills program
- Record Bridges events via video camera and create quality promotional video
- Provide recommendations to Director for continuous improvement of the tools, programs and administrative processes Bridges uses to case manage clients and workers;
- Assist when required with newsletters, program development and how to guides.
- Other duties as assigned by Director
- Vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ & His church with your pastor’s endorsement
- A servant heart
- Strong task orientation
- An attitude for excellence – always striving to do things better
- Team player/builder with a teachable spirit & servant heart
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Gifts of Wisdom, Administration & Encouragement
- Skill and knowledge in the areas of Christian employment counseling;
- Experience working at an employment agency an asset
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, delegate and train others;
- Demonstration of creative and innovative approaches to problem solving;
- Accurate computer data entry and typing skills (min 40 wpm)
- Skilled at writing, newsletters, program development, how to instructions
- Proficient with computers and various windows programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), use of databases;
- Able to maintain and assist with trouble shooting office computer problems;
- Enjoy recreational activities (indoor & out)
- Flexible work schedule – days/afternoons/evenings
- Experience with video camera use and video production
- Own a reliable vehicle (preferably a van)
- Some travel – Vernon, Kamloops, lower mainland as needed (Drop-in’s, chapel services, Information fairs)
- Flexible work hours and schedule – day/afternoon.
Hours of work – Flexible schedule and work hours ranging between 40 – 60 hrs per week
Salary Range $2,000 – $4,500 (flat rate) per month depending on experience
Interested – email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org