Bridges to New LifeHelping Those Affected By Our Justice System
We exist to address the need for post release support of offenders in British Columbia, Canada. We mobilize the church to help people whose lives have been impacted by crime, to become whole and productive members of society, by facilitating healing between themselves and the community.Get InvolvedDonate
4 out of 5 crimes are committed by ex-offenders.
More than 75% of those who go to prison will return within 5 years.
But there is hope.
At Bridges, we look beyond rehabilitation and focus on transformation. Former inmates face untold challenges as they look to avoid old familiar territory and reestablish themselves in a totally new environment. We are there to facilitate those who want to make a fresh entry into society; we help bridge the gap to the material, relational, and spiritual support they need.
Watch this short video to learn more.
You are making a difference
Now there is light where there was none
Maybe I’m not too old to change
We aim to provide assistance without creating dependence.
- Maintain regular involvement with inmates at the Kamloops prison through personal visits and chapel services.
- Bi-annual visits to 10 lower mainland prisons for (Spring & Fall) Information Fairs.
- Pen pal correspondence with offenders serving time in BC’s lower mainland.
- Assist victim and offender families who are usually struggling financially, emotionally and spiritually.
- Connect with interested parties to facilitate individual discharge planning.
- Work with appropriate agencies and individuals to pre-arrange a support network for special needs cases.
Ministering wholeness includes physical, emotional and spiritual needs. This means we endeavour to help clients connect with sources for:
- Food, Clothing and Shelter
- Second Stage Transitional Housing
- Support Groups for Addictions
- Individual Accountability / One to One Mentoring
- Community Social Events
- Obtaining Identification & dealing with bureaucracy
- Employment and Education
- Weekly Drop In Offices
- Halfway House Visits
- Spiritual Growth—connecting with the church community